Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa is an immigration route for existing employees of multinational companies who are required to be transferred to the UK branch. The transfer can be for filling a specific position that a settled worker or an EEA national cannot take up for long or short term basis, or it can be for sending an employee for training and development purposes.
The immigration lawyers at Milestone Solicitors provide legal guidance to meet the complex requirements of the Home Office to help you prepare and submit your application. With years of experience in lodging applications and getting favourable results for clients, you can rest assured that we will handle your visa process efficiently and effectively.
Categories of the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa
The Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa is further divided into four sub-categories that differ in terms of the role of the applicant, the length of the transfer and the maximum duration of the stay.
- Short Term Staff: Those employees who are established and being transferred for no more than 12 months to the UK to fill a skilled job vacancy that a local worker cannot take up.
- Long Term Staff: Those employees who are established and being transferred for more than 12 months to the UK to fill a skilled job vacancy that a local worker cannot take up.
- Skills Transfer: Overseas employees being transferred to impart their skills and knowledge to the workforce in the UK branch or are visiting to learn the skills they require to perform their work duties overseas.
- Graduate Trainee: New graduate hired by the company who is being transferred for attending a structured training programme that allows the employee to take up a managerial or specialist role.
It is important that you apply for the right sub-category of the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa, or else it can result in delays and additional charges of application re-submission.
The Eligibility Requirements for the Tier 2 ICT Visa
For an employee to be eligible for this visa category, they must:
- Have been sponsored by a company or organisation with a sponsorship license in the UK
- Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from their employer
- Meet the English language requirements
Under this visa category, the employee can bring their civil partner, spouse, and children under 18 to the UK as well.
Talk to our Immigration Solicitors Today
For dedicated assistance and professional advice to apply for your Tier 2 ICT Visa or appeal to application rejection by the Home Office, discuss your case with our immigration solicitors. Contact Milestone Solicitors today to schedule an initial consultation and discuss your immigration needs with one of our immigration lawyers.