For some asylum seekers, staying in their home country means a serious threat to their life. It becomes necessary for them to claim asylum in another country where their safety is ensured. If you are facing such a situation, you may consider the United Kingdom as an option to migrate and seek protection for you and your loved ones. At Milestone Solicitors, we offer skilled legal assistance and practical advice to clients seeking asylum in the UK and guide them through the application process.
Asylum Seekers Requirements for Claiming Asylum
Generally, the claim for asylum seekers is made when the applicant is residing in the UK – it can be either upon your arrival or during your stay when you are certain that returning to back to your home country would be unsafe. In order for you to be recognised as a refugee, the government requires evidence to demonstrate that:
- Your safety is at high risk if you go back and live in any part of your own country
- The government of your home country cannot provide you with adequate protection
- You cannot return because you fear persecution because of your nationality, religion, race, political opinion, or affiliation with a social group.
Our dedicated immigration solicitors have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in handling cases pertaining to asylum law. We know that this practice area is governed by International Agreements, and requires collaboration and discretion from the Home Office. That is why we offer professional and tailored legal services to ensure that our solutions befit their specific situation.
How Milestone Solicitors can help you
Our team of solicitors works closely with you at every stage and provides you assistance with:
- Understanding the entire asylum process in the UK
- Making an appointment and claim for asylum
- Getting a clear picture of how strong your case is and what you can expect
- Getting information to support your claim that may strengthen your position
- Submitting the required documents within deadlines
- Going through the Detained Fast Track process
- Writing formal statements for your application
- Applying for your release in case you are detained
- Preparing your asylum case and representing your interests
The immigration lawyers at Milestone Solicitors are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), and know the asylum law inside out. We will also assist and advise you whether you are eligible to avail Legal Aid funding for your immigration case.
Discuss your Immigration Needs with our Solicitors Today
If you are an asylum seeker and want to present your case to the Home Office, our experienced team of immigration solicitors can help you. Contact Milestone Solicitors today to schedule an initial, one-off consultation and evaluate your options.